Wednesday, May 03, 2006

 

OWIE

So, I went to the travel clinic yesterday.....and I would just like to say that, ummm, those shots kinda hurt. I had to get two of them...one in each arm!!! Oh well, at least now I am protected for life against Measles, Mumps, and Rubella. Hepatitis A is only good for 20 years, but still, booster shot in 20 years....I can deal with that.

And yeah Crystal, they gave me a sucker when I was done. I got an orange one...it was good!!!

The doctor who I saw gave me a bunch of really useful information too. Most of it I had heard before, but it was still good to review it all.

Here is what we talked about....
1) Dengue Fever
2) How to protect yourself against mosquito-borne diseases
3) The proper use of insect repellents (think DEET)
4) Animal bites and the spread of rabies
5) Traveler's Diarrhea
6) General water and food precautions

Yuppers, I think that's about it.

17 more days
It's really happening :)

Comments:
Mine was orange too! But it made my mouth orange so I threw it out the window on the way home. We have to go shopping and get bug repellant & some sun tan lotion & stuff that we can share! And I have to buy a suitcase...yay me! Talk to u later
 
Post a Comment



<< Home

This page is powered by Blogger. Isn't yours?